ARR 2023 - Secrets of Success: A Remarkable Night

Pic Courtesy: DMY Creation Facebook Well, those who are in my closed circle know that I'm an ardent fan of Harris Jayaraj. I've also written a special entry for the man here  when I attended his concert. But, who would want to miss the Oscar-award winning Indian composer's concert after many years he had been to Malaysia?! Not me. I would definitely want to experience the live music from A.R. Rahman ; also celebrating 30 Years of ARR.  When A.R. Rahman 2023 - Secrets of Success live concert was announced to be held in Stadium Bukit Jalil on 28th January 2023 on  DMY Creation's Facebook , I was eager to attend it as it would be the first time of me going to ThalaivARR's concert! ( Thalaivar means Chief ). I managed to purchase the ticket on ticket opening day itself which was on 19th September 2022. Since then, I have been counting days to attend the live concert from the Grammy + Academy Award winning musician's concert. I really loved ARR's music and songs

Welcome Back, Mary!


You might be wondering why I am welcoming myself? Well, I had to since my last entry was on February 2022 *sobs*! If I ask myself, 'had I been too busy in 2022'?, well the answer is probably 'YES'. I had been busy developing my career, bought myself a loveable cutie Myvi, organised my finances, went on an international trip and I met the love of my life after 2 freaking years due to the pandemic.

Looking back at 2022 now, I could now proudly pat myself as I had done things that I never expected I could or I would do. Even though nobody really cares but I'm stating my achievements just so that I could be reminded of it when I feel demotivated so here's the recap of my 2022:
  1. I bought myself a Myvi. This was the most unexpected thing and so sudden as I never planned to buy a car until I was so desperate to when I gave up on public transports to travel for my meetings and shooting.
  2. I worked in a telemovie as the 1st Assistant Director, produced and cinematographed by Karthik Shamalan. Among hundreds of people, I was chosen to do it and still proud of it. Catch the telemovie airing on Astro Vaanavil soon.
  3. I worked as Assistant Producer at Skop Productions to produce a 8-episode psycho-thriller series for Sooka. When Tony Pietra, the director, approached me for the position, I swear I had 0% expectation that I could pull it off. 1. Because it's for Skop (one of the renowned production houses in Malaysia) and 2. Because it's for the Malay industry where I barely knew any artists but I survived. And here I am, after 44 days of Persepsi shoot. Also releasing in 2023.
  4. I worked in a RTM series, 1 feature film, 1 short film, 1 pilot film, 1 telemovie, 1 PSA, 3 music videos, 1 international documentary and a OTT series. I might have missed any but these are the major ones.
  5. I went on a trip to Sabah with my two friends whom I've known for 14 years. It might be the first and last trip with them due to some unforeseen circumstances but I really hope that the three of us will be okay again someday. This was also the first time I boarded a flight. I got a window seat on two ways of the journey.
  6. I went on an international vacation to Cambodia with one of my close friends along with her sister and the sister's friends. Not really my first international vacation as I had been to Singapore before (shhhh) - it's a secret as I went on a solo trip when my grandfather was sick in the hospital and I couldn't take any more stress - but yeah. 
  7. I was again delighted when I had the opportunity to become the fixer/line producer for a team from the USA who made a documentary for META in Malaysia. Basically, I assisted them right through pre-production till production. Again, it was unexpected. Though, I faced some issues on the day before shoot, but I managed to pull off a really smooth shoot. The clients were happy too.
  8. I met Ashwin, the man who is head over heels in love with me, after 2 years. I was in a complicated state all the while when I haven't met him for 2 years. We went through so many hurtful nights, especially him, but he went back happily after seeing me gone back to my normal state, LOL. It was a special trip, indeed, as I had my car to pick and drop him and also to roam around. The days were beautiful. Just travel, eat, drink, sleep and love all the way. I'm also obliged to mention that my love had cinematographed his first film in 2022. The teaser can be watched here. I'm hoping he would do bigger movies this year.
  9. I became an investor. Not really an invested investor but I decided not to just keep my money accumulating in the bank account for nothing. With all the inflation and OPR increase, I did my research on how I can invest small-time. With that I did some investments which are paying off, quite. Will write on them to give you all some insights on how to breed your money instead of keeping them virgin.
  10. I hated cats. But it totally changed this year after we were surrounded by two cats near my house. We didn't choose to pet them, but they chose us. And, that was how my perception towards cats totally changed. But, one of the cats is not with us now due to some unfortunate circumstances, but I really hope I could see her one day.
Now, listing these things definitely gives me mixed emotions. More things happened but there were the ones that I felt sharing. Of course, all these things didn't happen overnight and without any troubles. I've been in the Malaysia film industry for several years now and still finding my way to leave my mark somewhere. These are my steps towards it. Also, I really really wanted to keep my blog alive this year, at least.

Whatever happened in 2022, whether it's good or bad, definitely taught me a lesson in every way or another. I really wish this year could be an extra, extra-large year filled with abundance, prosperity, happiness and love and all the way. I wish the same for everyone else. Never stop dreaming and achieving. Good things coming our way. Happy New Year, my lovely readers.


Comments