ARR 2023 - Secrets of Success: A Remarkable Night

Pic Courtesy: DMY Creation Facebook Well, those who are in my closed circle know that I'm an ardent fan of Harris Jayaraj. I've also written a special entry for the man here  when I attended his concert. But, who would want to miss the Oscar-award winning Indian composer's concert after many years he had been to Malaysia?! Not me. I would definitely want to experience the live music from A.R. Rahman ; also celebrating 30 Years of ARR.  When A.R. Rahman 2023 - Secrets of Success live concert was announced to be held in Stadium Bukit Jalil on 28th January 2023 on  DMY Creation's Facebook , I was eager to attend it as it would be the first time of me going to ThalaivARR's concert! ( Thalaivar means Chief ). I managed to purchase the ticket on ticket opening day itself which was on 19th September 2022. Since then, I have been counting days to attend the live concert from the Grammy + Academy Award winning musician's concert. I really loved ARR's music and songs

Hearts of Harris: Took My Breath Away


So when Malik Streams Corporations announced the first-ever concert of Harris Jayaraj in Malaysia on the 18th September 2022, guess who was jumping up to the sky? In case you don't know who Harris Jayaraj is, he's an Indian music composer in the town of Kollywood. We, Malaysians, grew up listening to most of the Kollywood songs. The one composer that really captivated me with his music and songs, is definitely Harris Jayaraj. I have loved his music since I was young. I have a playlist built in my car with most of his songs. I couldn't contain my happiness when I saw the headline of 'Harris Jayaraj Live In Kuala Lumpur' on my timeline, held on 21st January 2023 at Axiata Arena, Bukit Jalil.

Hearts of Harris concert ticket sale opened on the 25th September 2022, when I was in Cambodia for my vacation. Due to the timing differences, I missed out to queue early on the website which then led me to the page a few hours after the opening only to see 'sold-out'. But I never gave up.

Usually a week before the concert, some would let go of their tickets due to last minute cancellations and stuff. Thus I thought people would let go for the Hearts of Harris concert too, but I was wrong. Not many did. Many were letting go tickets for ARR Secrets of Success which was planned to be held on 28th January 2023, a week after HJ's concert. You can also read my entry on ARR concert here.

I wasn't active on my Twitter for a year, but I went there just in search of the Hearts of Harris concert ticket. After so much rummaging, I managed to find someone who's selling the tickets for a slightly cheaper price on Instagram, and it was a Diamond ticket. Much higher than the zone ticket that I was planning to buy. However, I was too desperate to attend the concert and finally bought the Diamond tickets - for two of my friends as well.

Long story short, the day came. Three of us entered the hall past 6pm. After almost 2-hours of performances from the local musicians, singers and DJs, the entry of the 'King of Melody' was something that I eagerly waited for - I had tears when I saw him on the stage. That was when I knew how much I've been liking him. However, in my opinion, HJ's entry could be done in a more grandeur way. Please take note, Malik Streams. Also, Ma Ka Pa and Priyanka did their usual crazy fun stuff as the emcees for the night.

The King began the concert with the 'Uyirin Uyire' song from 'Kaakha Kaakha'. The whole arena was in a dopamine rush!


The rest is history. The whole crowd was vibing to the man of the night. The songs that I remember singing (and dancing) were Oru Maalai, Google Google, Kannum Kannum Nokia, Danga Maari, Venaam Machan, Adhaaru Adhaaru, Ave Enne, Karu KaruIrukkana Idupu Irukkana and many more! The night was like a trance. Singing and dancing along with friends to the songs that I grew up listening to definitely hits different. Not to mention the aura of the man himself - the way he played the instruments, orchestrated most of the songs while cheering his fellow musicians and singers were pleasing to the eyes. 

There was also an unplugged segment during the night. It was really, really beautiful when the singers' voices were accompanied by the piano tune. What a bliss! Now, let's talk about the singers that he brought to the stage. The concert wouldn't be alive, too, if not for the singers. Karthik sang like he just came down from heaven. It's still bewildering how his voice never changed over the years. It's also worth mentioning the presence of wonderful singers like Haricharan, Benny Dayal, Krish, Sharmila, Andrea Jeremiah and Vijay Prakash who made the night more merrier. Many talents produced by Vijay TV Super Singer were part of the show as well. 

Krish and Sharmila were astounding. That was when I knew that Sharmila played a huge part in singing and rapping for some of his songs like Hasili Fisiliye and Irumugan Settai. Those songs were performed too with the attendance of local rappers like Dr. Burn and Emcee Jesz. It was a proud moment for us, Malaysians, to witness them performing as well. 

Adding to the wonderful night, Harris Jayaraj himself took the keytar to play one of the background scores from the film 'Thuppaki', known as the 'Jagadish on Mission'. It was amazing.


Towards the end of the concert, all the singers gathered together by HJ and he was cutely describing them. The concert ended with the song 'Manjal Veyil' from the famous 'Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu'. He also asked us if 'they came to perform for us to watch or they came to see us performing' - because the whole arena was singing along. Slightly annoying at times when I couldn't hear the singer's voice itself, but I thoroughly enjoyed the magical night.



And, of course, there were some cons from the management team as in the sound system and crowd management - there's a whole lot of room for improvements too but overall it's definitely a wholesome night! 

Post-concert, HJ tweeted that there were 36,000 fans who didn't get the tickets to his first-ever live concert in Malaysia. He was so moved that he decided to land in KL for another concert on the 19th February 2023. Managed to bought the ticket from an outsider and I'm ready to live another magical night with Harris Jayaraj!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for getting down to Whimsically Mary! Be responsible for your own comment as each comment counts here. Any comments that are obscene, threatening, hateful, sexually-oriented or otherwise violation of any laws are found to have violated Section 233(1) of the Communications and Multimedia Act (CMA).
Be a wise Whimsicallian!