ARR 2023 - Secrets of Success: A Remarkable Night

Pic Courtesy: DMY Creation Facebook Well, those who are in my closed circle know that I'm an ardent fan of Harris Jayaraj. I've also written a special entry for the man here  when I attended his concert. But, who would want to miss the Oscar-award winning Indian composer's concert after many years he had been to Malaysia?! Not me. I would definitely want to experience the live music from A.R. Rahman ; also celebrating 30 Years of ARR.  When A.R. Rahman 2023 - Secrets of Success live concert was announced to be held in Stadium Bukit Jalil on 28th January 2023 on  DMY Creation's Facebook , I was eager to attend it as it would be the first time of me going to ThalaivARR's concert! ( Thalaivar means Chief ). I managed to purchase the ticket on ticket opening day itself which was on 19th September 2022. Since then, I have been counting days to attend the live concert from the Grammy + Academy Award winning musician's concert. I really loved ARR's music and songs

Could You Tell What Is Love?

This picture was sent by him when he was cooking something and made the 'M' letter of my name out of the flour.

31/10/2020 - 1.58am

This is freshly written right after me who had cried after listening to something (lovely) from someone 1, 914 miles (air distance) away via 26 minutes and 55 seconds of a WhatsApp call about half-a-hour ago. Thanks to technology and Him who made my PMS days even worse now. Sighing and starting off with love.

****

Could you explain what love is? Or could anyone?

****

If I could, this is how I would explain it.

****

Being away for almost 8 months without seeing each other, that too from different countries is both strong and terrible news.

****

So, this guy was busy with his shoot there without proper sleep and tonight he got a chance to sleep for an extra few hours than a mandatory two-hours sleep for every two days.

He decided to call me, however, as he was quite free (about to sleep and effing drowsy, exhausted due to heavy work) tonight and felt like talking to me.

I ignored his call at first because I was watching 'The Conjuring 2' exactly at some not-to-be-missed scene of which I couldn't take my eyes from. Love for movies wins.

He texted so and so afterwards as he felt like talking to me. Okay, he got me there.

A big sacrifice I would say. With my somewhat unexpectedly busy schedule, I didn't really have time to sit and watch a movie; but today is the day as I had been sleepless for the past 2 days, too, writing scenes for a drama. However, I decided to talk instead and called him back. Love for Him wins.

He answered on the first ring. From what I knew at the first word itself, he was already halfway into his dreamland. But, that didn't stop him at all from talking to me for only God knows how much he's into me.

He talked, and talked, and talked, which he would regret in the morning. Not that it was bad, but it was frolicsome, unmade, pure and most importantly genuine from the heart. Yes, usually he pours out everything from the heart only when he is drunk or sleepy. Tonight, he wasn't drunk.

I repeatedly told him to sleep; the silent factor was, so I could go back to the movie. The main factor was I wanted him to have a proper rest. Time is golden.

He got angry, like a kid who didn't get extra chocolate from his mother; yes, but it wasn't the real angry reaction. We both knew. We continued to talk... It went on wittily for some time.

And, He kissed me through the phone. And, he demanded for my turn, well.

He verbally caresses me at the end of the conversation, which unconsciously started to birthing out from him. Everything was lovely, sweet and genuine; three things blended enough to roll my tears down.

I was crying silently. What if my tears wake him up? He was already sleepless and I didn't want to intimidate him. Girls will be girls so I wanted to tell him I'm crying and needed some attention, too, so I hummed unapologetically to give him a hint, but he didn't hear me and continued his sleep-talking routine until he fell deep into sleep. He didn't even end the call.

I might be on the line for almost 5 minutes, everything was silent from the other side. But, I was holding up in case the voice I wanted to hear supposedly comes in. I was still tearing up for whatever; his words or it might be the missing feel that he had triggered over and of course the most-hated PMS.

Finally, I decided to end the call. The movie was over by the time I was out of the room with my eyes as red as a vampire. Yes, I saw it through the bathroom mirror when I shamelessly washed my face so no one would find out.

They don't have to. Let it be with me alone until I meet him to express whatever I couldn't type out here.

So, that's my explanation. It's all about that. If you know, you know.

****

Yours might be different, and much prettier; let it be, since LOVE has no boundaries. It goes high and low.


Also read: Dear, Sunshine

Comments