ARR 2023 - Secrets of Success: A Remarkable Night

Pic Courtesy: DMY Creation Facebook Well, those who are in my closed circle know that I'm an ardent fan of Harris Jayaraj. I've also written a special entry for the man here  when I attended his concert. But, who would want to miss the Oscar-award winning Indian composer's concert after many years he had been to Malaysia?! Not me. I would definitely want to experience the live music from A.R. Rahman ; also celebrating 30 Years of ARR.  When A.R. Rahman 2023 - Secrets of Success live concert was announced to be held in Stadium Bukit Jalil on 28th January 2023 on  DMY Creation's Facebook , I was eager to attend it as it would be the first time of me going to ThalaivARR's concert! ( Thalaivar means Chief ). I managed to purchase the ticket on ticket opening day itself which was on 19th September 2022. Since then, I have been counting days to attend the live concert from the Grammy + Academy Award winning musician's concert. I really loved ARR's music and songs

Rejected Piece but Worth the Read...


𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒
𝐴 (𝑇𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑧𝑖𝑛𝑔) 𝐾𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑊𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑.

I was bought by the sweetest-faced aunty who was roaming around the market before having her eyes on our tribe. Based on her conversation with our seller, she wanted to buy us for her daughter who really loves to eat us. She was running her finger over us to check if we’re luscious enough to be eaten but I guess she had decided to buy halfway after got tempted with the reddish-purple rind of ours. She paid the price without bargaining, fair enough. Somehow, I longed for the sight of the market while being transferred from the rag to the see- through plastic bag. Securely tied in it, my friends and I were excited as we were going to behold someone who loves us. We were carried for a few minutes to her two-wheeler and safely seated in the rusty basket.

We went on a nice motorcycle ride which wasn’t fast but rather a safe one. As we thought we would end up at her house, it was proven wrong when she parked her aged motorcycle in front of a school. We guessed that she was waiting for her daughter. After noticing a herd of students emerging from the school gate, she started the engine indicating that she was ready to welcome her daughter. Even me too – excited to see someone who would be excited to see me.

Another ten minutes passed but the sight of her daughter was hardly seen. We could see some creases of lines in between her eyebrows. As expected, she left us under the scorching sun and walked towards the school. Before she even entered the porch, a few students approached and told her something. I was in despair to see the drastic change of her expressions. She ran to her EX5 and rushed to the main road where it eventually led us to the police station. I was puzzled. Worse, my friends and I were suffocating under the plastic bag. She should have loosened the tie to allow us to breathe but in the rush she was, I wonder if she had even lifted the side-stand. However, after reaching her destination she left us under the tree shade. Nature helped nature. Still, I was worried on about what could happen. My excitement slowly faded into disappointment.

A while later, she came to the motorcycle and rode us back to the same way but further to a dark tunnel which surprisingly seemed to be the usual passage for pedestrians. There were few men in their blue uniform flooding to a side of the tunnel where the dumpster was. Our lady parked her motorcycle just beside the road. As she was leaving us, she paused for a moment and stared at us. I was broken to see her teary eyes. She was in grief. She reached out her hand to loosen the tie. We could finally breathe but it was disheartening to see the lady who reluctantly walked to the awful place. I could see her crying loudly right after she joined the flock. A few of the officers tried to console her but she wasn’t stopping till she probably was asked to go back. 

With dreadful steps, she came to us. The sweet face had turned into a tormented face. She sat on the motorcycle and cried with her face down. Her tears fell on me as the plastic bag was still untied. I was shaken by her tears and almost could expect the whole scenario. But what was unexpected was that she threw us out of the basket. I knew she wasn’t angry with us. She was angry at someone else and we became her victim, just as how her daughter had been a victim to someone.

Once the hapless mother went to the dumpster back, a sluggish guy who came from nowhere picked me up from the heated road and started to peel me. He was badly spying on the crime scene and I could see a dead body covered with a white cloth on the ground. The mother knelt just beside it and wept hopelessly. Now, thinking about her daughter, I couldn’t stop pondering on how she had felt when someone undressed her without her consent just like this guy who peeled me. How could she have felt when someone sexually harassed her just like this cheap guy who ate my pristine white fleshes? I felt humiliated to have his hands on me who probably had had on her too. Right after tasting me, he dumped my rinds and seeds on the road just like the girl who was dumped by. It's either me and her daughter did not deserve this or maybe the world did not deserve us. 

Comments