ARR 2023 - Secrets of Success: A Remarkable Night

Pic Courtesy: DMY Creation Facebook Well, those who are in my closed circle know that I'm an ardent fan of Harris Jayaraj. I've also written a special entry for the man here  when I attended his concert. But, who would want to miss the Oscar-award winning Indian composer's concert after many years he had been to Malaysia?! Not me. I would definitely want to experience the live music from A.R. Rahman ; also celebrating 30 Years of ARR.  When A.R. Rahman 2023 - Secrets of Success live concert was announced to be held in Stadium Bukit Jalil on 28th January 2023 on  DMY Creation's Facebook , I was eager to attend it as it would be the first time of me going to ThalaivARR's concert! ( Thalaivar means Chief ). I managed to purchase the ticket on ticket opening day itself which was on 19th September 2022. Since then, I have been counting days to attend the live concert from the Grammy + Academy Award winning musician's concert. I really loved ARR's music and songs

Know What You Put On Your Skin!


Recently, I was shaken by the news: a famous massage oil claimed to be helping in reducing weight and relieving all sorts of body aches is said to contain 26% of methyl salicylate which could cause cancer!

But, I'm a person who knows that both valid and fake news could be spread via social media and it's not right to believe a news based on a random poster. I didn't dig to find out more. After all, I'm not a consumer of this so-called Ayurveda/herbal massage oil and was being ignorant as I had better things to do. However, I let some time as I know I would be equipped with more information on the spread of such news in my timeline again. I realized I couldn't silence myself after all as I've even seen my friends who had been dropshipping the product so it's best to get the news confirmed for what it's.

As expected, in one of the Facebook groups that I'm a member of, I saw a post made by another fellow member to clear the air. The post is valid and the member stated that she had called a PIC from National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency (NPRA) to ask for clarification on the ban of the massage oil. The PIC seemed to have clarified that the massage oil indeed has been banned due to having some ingredients in excess. The post was crystal clear. The member also stated that she has emailed them to get a black & white copy to get the statement official so that she wouldn't be abashed for sabotage.

As has been stated earlier, the member had posted again in the Facebook group on the same day after receiving an email from the PIC from NPRA. I didn't wish to reveal the post on my blog even though a post has been made and shared vastly from her profile.

And, again, this piqued my curiosity. I'm not a user of this massage oil but it made me ponder on how many consumers might find this post to be dejecting or as an awareness to them. I believed the news that I saw initially wasn't fake or been spread by their competitors. Anyhow, there are some consumers, dropshippers and the distributors who are denying the news, for I'm sure they would, as it involves their rice bowls. But, they better get some good business to fill in their rice bowls.

I could have kept my hands down afterwards but I couldn't as I kept having an ordeal when I came across posts like below. And again, they are throwing their trump card to the public as their product is listed as 'tidak bernotifikasi' (no notification). However, 'tidak bernotifikasi' status at NPRA website literally meant that the product cannot be sold, or else it's an offence. It was clarified by the PIC as well.

I couldn't believe how ignorant the distributors could be to such news until I saw this.


The very first reason for me to write on this banned pharmaceutical product is not to spread hatred but awareness. As you can see from the post above, netizens commented that the massage oil has been good to them, probably before the chaos took over or it might impact them on a long-term usage.

Secondly, the distributor has to be responsible for their refutation to prove otherwise as they are no longer given the benefit of doubt - all the official proof is being shared around.

For those who are reading till this far, please don't instantly believe all that you read or see without further research when it comes to purchasing products online, especially. Spend some time before spending your money on skincare and health products. Consuming products that could give results overnight would most likely cost your health. Conduct proper research on the products that you're about to consume or apply unless it has a good reputation over the years, however the result varies individually too. Be a wise decision-maker.

Health is not valued till sickness comes - Thomas Fuller

Comments

  1. True. Anybody can claim everything under the sun and someone may accuse one of anything, but as a person and a consumer with means to be certain of these things, it is better to check it's authenticity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good information sharing. Yeah, we need to check carefully before we make our decision. Some people have different kinds of opinion. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its my pleasure to share this info.

      Delete
  3. walaupun product banyak share result yg bagus selalulnya i akan check dulu review lain sampai betul2 yakin baru decide untuk beli. btw thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, kita pun kena buat research. And, it's my pleasure btw.

      Delete
  4. Everytime when i want to try a new product i will look for kkm and notification and will check the product at NPRA website to ensure the product is considered safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this, i agree more awarness needed coz not all users are aware of the harmful chemicals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nowdays so many fake products. Its is good to do research before buying. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's a long list for fake products. It's my pleasure.

      Delete
  7. Whatever it is, we should know what is the best for ourself and skin. Its better do some research n go find out others review before buy the skincare

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup betul tu kena tahu apa yg kita letak kat muka kita supaya tak menyesal dikemudian hari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very true kan! we need to understand the ingredients of the products before we really used them! Research is important! Great reminder to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kadang susahnya kan nak tau mana ok atau tidak untuk kulit, sebab itu ramai cuba try and error.. macam Sis memang dah tau, so pakailah sampai bebila.. kalau ada pun try seminggu dua...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Akak selalu tengok kat tiktok pakar kulit share kebaikan dan kesesuaian produk dengan kulit kita ni berbeza. So kena hati-hati. Bahaya sangat kalau terlebih bahan-bahan asid alkali ni.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, betul tu. Kita pun kena tahu apa yang kita guna.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for getting down to Whimsically Mary! Be responsible for your own comment as each comment counts here. Any comments that are obscene, threatening, hateful, sexually-oriented or otherwise violation of any laws are found to have violated Section 233(1) of the Communications and Multimedia Act (CMA).
Be a wise Whimsicallian!